Sunday, December 12, 2010

Uncompetitive Nations


The news is ripe with dozens of countries that are running huge deficits which basically includes just about every country banks will lend money to. I've been reading some statistics about this recently. One says that the US collects $20,000 in taxes per household and spends $30,000. Politicians get elected by creating public sector employment so it is difficult to see how this is going to be solved without a huge amount of pain. The banks in Ireland were recently bailed out and the cost of the bail out was $33,000 for every man, woman and child in the nation of 4.5 million people. Clearly a Darwinian survival of the fittest will weed out some of the less competitive nations over the next few decades. You say it can't happen? 103 of the 195 nations on Earth didn't exist in their current form 50 years ago.

Over a dozen countries emerged after the dissolution of the USSR. A good analogy was that the USSR was like a conglomerate that filed bankruptcy and all the divisions got sold off into separate companies. Going back to the Ireland situation, can a country of 4.5 million people afford many layers of government? Doesn't appear to be a competitive economy of scale working for them. Watch for whole layers of overhead to disappear in countries in the European Union and some of these nations will look more like states.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home