Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hotel California

I went to see the Eagles last night. They have been a favorite group of mine for about 30 years. In 1976, they released the Hotel California album. In 1978, I moved to California for the first of three times. That's another story but it may appear that "you can check out but you can never leave" has somehow rung true for me. As I was on the way to the concert last night, it occurred to me that me moving to California may have been in some no small way due to the siren call of the Eagles Hotel California. Don't start dissecting the lyrics and pycho-analyzing me, but the Eagles "Brand" stands for a lifestyle that I have adopted. That's the power of a strong brand. Connecting with an individual in a way that it changes his behavior or attitudes. I'm now sure how I should feel now that I have realized that the last 27 years of my life have been influenced by a song lyric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home