Monday, November 21, 2005

Mr. Paintball


I played paintball this past weekend. It wasn't the first time but I always enjoy it. It is also a literal pain in the thighs as I don't do as much squatting and crouching as I tend to do when I am trying to avoid paintballs whizzing through the air. I play underwater hockey (that will be the subject of another posting sometime) with a friend named Javier. His son was having a 12 year old birthday and wanted to play paintball. Javier got a bunch of friends to join the three 12 year olds and everyone had a ball.

What makes this particularly interesting was that military experience or marksmanship were less important to winning than teamwork and collaboration. The lone wolf player invariably got picked off as he had no one to cover him. When everyone understood the strategy and worked together, the team had a competitive advantage that was hard to beat.

My friend Sarah was hesitant to play as she was the only woman in the group and she decided to play at the last minute. On a "Save the President" scenario, she flanked the other teams remaining two players and eliminated the terrorists winning the game for the "Secret Service" team.

There are lots of paintball facilities around the country but the one that I visited was Mr. Paintball outside of Escondido. Check out their site:

http://www.mrpaintballusa.com/home.shtml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home