Sunday, March 12, 2006

How times have changed

A couple of recent birthdays have dramatically illustrated how much things have changed since I was growing up in Syracuse, NY in the 50's and 60's. My son celebrated his 18th birthday in February and my daughter celebrated her 22nd birthday today. When they were asked where they wanted to eat for their birthdays, they both chose sushi. Can't remember having sushi growing up and maybe the difference is that my kids are being raised in California while my childhood was more like Leave it to Beaver. This is just another reminder that things are in a constant state of transition. If you expect things to stay the same, you will be disappointed. Keep an open mind. And be flexible. And if you are not familiar with sushi, check out Station Sushi in Solona Beach, California if you are in the neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home