Monday, December 26, 2005

Return of the Jackson Five


Christmas gift giving is always interesting for me as I have four kids. As two of them are in high school and two of them are in college, they have limited resources and lots of needs - cell phones, mp3 players, snow boards, car tires (I'm serious about this one!) etc. I try to be focused on what I give them and more and more, I am appreciating the utility of cash. I always appreciated it but giving cash is something I have warmed up to.

One of the games that I play holiday time is to guess the contents of a wrapped package by shaking and squeezing them. I have actually gotten pretty good at this (sometimes even making a lucky guess as to the color of a shirt inside a wrapped box) and I have encouraged my kids to play along. Note that not everyone likes this game. My daughter, Mary was opening up a package and I encouraged her to guess. She said a CD as it was clearly a jewel case. I said, which one? After a quick pause, I said the Jackson Five. Everyone looked at me with puzzled looks until she removed the wrapping revealing five clipped images of Andrew Jackson on $20 bills.

She was delighted with the gift and who knows, perhaps this Jackson Five may come back into popularity among teenagers....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home